Nowadays, Western digital external hard drive is used popularly to backup data because its mini size as well as huge data storage capability. So when lost Western external hard drive data, it is necessary to find the reason first in order to get appropriate data recovery method.
Why Western digital external hard drive data lost?
From various cases of data loss from internal or external hard drive, there are mainly these reasons.
1. External Hard Drive Format
This happens usually, because when external hard drive is connected to computer, a message popping up and asking whether you want to format external hard drive. Once we couldn’t see it clearly, external hard drive is probably to be formatted by us. In result, all of data on this external hard drive are lost.
2. Virus Infections
When WD external hard drive is connected to other devices, such as computer, virus on this computer will probably infect the data on external hard drive. Once your computer is attacked with virus, not only system performance would slow down, but also devices connected to computer would be infected. So data lost because of virus often happens too.
3. Accidental Files Deletion
While we are operating data on WD external hard drive, such as copy and paste using right-click menu, sometimes data would probably be delete accidently too if we don’t pay much attention to what we done. Unfortunately, data deleted from external hard drive cannot be found in Recycle Bin. Therefore, accident data deletion from external storage devices will lead to data loss too.
How to choose data recovery tool for Western digital external hard drive data recovery?
Even though it seems to be terrible after Western digital external hard drive data lost, there is nothing we cannot do. For example, iSunshare Data Genius can help to free recover lost data from WD external hard drive.
- Connect Western digital external hard drive to computer.
- Download, install and run Data Genius.
- Select data recovery option and click Next.
- Choose Western digital external hard drive and click Scan button.
- After all the files are scanned successfully, preview them on window, check them and click Recover button to save them on computer hard drive after WD external hard drive data recovery.
- Recover Data from a Damaged Seagate External Hard Drive
- SanDisk USB Flash Drive Data Recovery with Three Tools after Deletion