How do you hide or show search box on taskbar in Windows 10 computer? In this article, you’ll learn how to make it through changing the related value data in Registry Editor.
Step 1: Access Registry Editor.
Sub-step 1: Press Windows+R to launch Run, type regedit and tap OK.
Sub-step 2: Choose Yes in the User Account Control dialog.
Step 2: Open the value named SearchboxTaskbarMode.
In detail, it is located in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Search.
Step 3: Change the value data.
1. To hide search box, input 0 in the value data box and click OK.
2. To display search box, type 2 in the value data box and hit OK.
Step 4: Restart the computer.
Tap the bottom-left Start button on the desktop, click Power and select Restart.
- Hide and Show Search Box on Taskbar in Windows 10
- 2 Ways to Disable Delete Confirmation Dialog in Windows 10
- A Brand New Way to Open Settings in Windows 10