I just found that data has been lost after transferring data from Seagate external hard drive to computer. And now Seagate external hard drive seems to be damaged. It has become inaccessible.
If you are in such situation and in search to find how to recover data from damaged Seagate external hard drive, it is important to clarify why data lost after transaction.
Technical Errors: Sometimes, lots of data always lose after we accidently delete or copy, but not paste them at right location.
Hard Disk Errors: Seagate external hard drive has been used for a long time. And now it becomes broken, so data lost.
Software Errors: When transferring data from external hard drive to computer, Seagate external hard drive is attacked by virus software on computer.
No matter which reason, Seagate external hard drive damaged is inevitable now. But don’t panic. There is still chance to recover Seagate external hard drive data, as long as the external hard drive has not been written with new data.
How to recover Seagate external hard drive lost data?
Data Genius is a powerful and free Seagate hard drive data recovery tool, no matter hard drive is formatted, virus-attacked, partition or any other reasons.
Steps for data recovery from Seagate damaged external hard drive:
- Connect damaged Seagate external hard drive to accessible computer.
- Download and install iSunshare Data Genius on this computer.
- Run data recovery tool and choose data recovery option. If you are not sure, choose Deleted Recovery. Click Next.
- Choose external hard drive and click Scan button.
- When hard drive scan process completes, lost data or files can be seen in the left pane of Data Genius new window.
You can select the files and preview them in the right pane to see whether they are the lost data you want to recover from damaged Seagate external hard drive.
- Check files you are sure to recover and click Recover button.
- At the following pop-up window, choose a location on computer to save recovered data.
- Until "Recovery is finished" message appears, lost data is recovered successfully from Seagate external hard drive. Click OK and you will turn to the recovered data.
- How to Find Lost File in Windows 7 Laptop
- How to Retrieve Important Data after Deleted or Lost Accidently
- How to Retrieve Music/Movies/Photos Deleted from Mobile SD Card
- Western Digital External Hard Drive Lost Data Recovery