Different from previous Windows operational systems, there are two main kinds of ways to login in to Windows 8, local accounts and Microsoft account.
Microsoft account is the special characteristic for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. With it, computer user could access data and files in Windows 8 remotely. And just because of this feature, one more way is available for Windows 8 password reset.
Now this passage mainly introduces how to change Windows 8 logon way between local account and Microsoft account.
- Change Windows 8 logon way in Start Screen
- Change Windows 8 logon way in Change PC Settings
1. Change Windows 8 logon way in Start Screen
On Start Screen, you could see your account just singing into Windows 8. Click it and choose “Sign out” option to turn to logon screen. Choose local user account or Microsoft account you want to login in to Windows 8 with.
2. Change Windows 8 logon way in Change PC Settings
Move the mouse to the right-upper side of window, choose Settings and select “Change PC Settings” at the bottom side of window. On the PC settings window, click Users, you would see which kind of account you have used to login into Windows 8.
If you have signed in to Windows 8 with Microsoft account, there will be an option “Switch to a local account”.
Click it and a window pops up. Current account password has to be typed in.
A new window pops up, and user name and password are needed. At this time, you have to create new local account actually.
- Four ways to create Windows 8 logon password and how to use
- How to enable or disable Windows 8 admin account
- How to enter Windows 8 safe mode with four effective ways
- How to find administrator password in Windows 8/8.1 laptop
- How to login into Windows computer with default administrator