When we encounter problems on Samsung Galaxy Ace, reset it back to factory default settings could be helpful. But we should pay attention to that such factory reset would make personal data and settings lost on Samsung Galaxy phone. If you are ready, follow one of the methods below to restore Samsung Galaxy device to factory settings.
- Method 1: Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy in Settings Menu
- Method 2: Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy Phone with Composite Hardware Keys
- Method 3: Restore Samsung Galaxy Phone to Default Settings with Dial Pad
Method 1: Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy in Settings Menu
If you are still could turn on Samsung Galaxy Ace and enter it successfully, follow this method.
- Turn on your Samsung Galaxy phone. Tap “Menu” from the home screen.
- Tap on “Settings”.
- Select “Back up
Samsung Galaxy Ace will automatically backup and restore all your data. If you do not want your personal data backed up and restored following the reset, tap on each corresponding to clear the check box.
- Tap on “Factory data reset”.
- Tap on “Reset
If you have the screen lock feature enabled on your device, you will be prompted to enter your password or PIN code before you can continue.
- Select “Delete all”. Samsung phone will then reset by erasing all data and rebooting.
Method 2: Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy Phone with Composite Hardware Keys
When your Galaxy Ace keeps freezing, and you’ve forgotten the security codes or it just doesn’t work, take it back to factory settings. This will wipe everything on your phone, so if you’re not locked out of phone, please try backing it up first. This won’t wipe your SIM. Follow the steps to do:
- Switch the Samsung phone off. If it's frozen, remove and reinstall the battery to turn it off.
- When the phone is still off, press and hold the Home, Volume Up and Power buttons all together until you see the Android developer menu appear.
- Use the Volume Down key to scroll to wipe data/factory reset and then press the Home key to select it.
- Use the Volume Down key to scroll to Yes - delete all user data and then press the Home key to select it.
- Use Volume Down to highlight reboot system now and the press the Home key to select it.
Method 3: Restore Samsung Galaxy Phone to Default Settings with Dial Pad
- Open the dial pad on your Samsung Galaxy Ace.
- Enter *2767*3855# and dial. Your Samsung Galaxy phone device will then reset itself and wipe all your personal information and settings.