April 1, 2019

How to Backup Windows 10/8/7 Computer Partition to A New Hard Drive

Case 1Can I clone system partition to a new drive?

I bought a new SSD and want to upgrade my computer. I added it to my computer a week ago and now I want to clone system partition to SSD. But the problem is if I just copy-and-paste all programs and files, the computer cannot be booted from the SSD. So I want to know if there is partition clone software that can help me to clone the entire system partition.”

Case 2: How can I backup computer partition quickly?

In my working computer, I placed all the needed software and files in a partition. And now the company is going to get a new computer for us. How can I backup or move the working data into a hard drive or transfer it into my new computer? They are so important in my working!”

Case 3: The partition has little space, what can I do for the pictures and videos files?

“As you know, we all have the unforgettable memories. All the photos and videos that can remind me of the happy times are stored on my laptop. I collected them together in one partition. But as time went by, there are little space in the partition and my computer run slowly. I want to back up the partition to my USB mass storage device. How can I do it effectively?”

 Backup Windows 10/8/7 Computer Partition to A New Hard Drive


Are you having a similar issue as the above-mentioned problems? If you want to clone or backup the computer partition to another hard drive, SSD/ HDD or even the USB mass storage devices, just relax and follow the solutions here to clone the partition.

First, download the free partition backup software

To make the partition data clone process easy for you, we highly recommend you a free partition backup softwareiSunshare CloneGo, which can help you to clone/backup the Windows OS and partition with simple clicks. You can download and install it on your PC and enjoy the 7-days free usage for all functions.


Second how to backup Windows computer partition to a new hard drive

No matter you are using the Windows 10/8/7 system on a computer, no matter you are going to backup system partition or other partition, iSunshare CloneGo can help you to do that without any data loss or damage.

Step 1: Run iSunshare CloneGo and enable the Backup feature. You can see in the right menus that all the partitions are listed here. The partitions in different hard drive will be named differently. For example, here, K and L partition are in the disk 4.

click Backup function

Step 2: Select the partition to backup. You should select a volume to backup from the first part of the right menu. 

choose a partition to backup

Step 3: Select the path to save the backup file by clicking Choose button. You can store the backup file in any partition. This compressed icg file can be stored in the internal partition or external partition.


Step 4: Click the Start button to begin the clone process, and then click the Yes button for further confirmation.

start the backup

Step 5: After this, the software will start backing up the partition immediately.


After the backup, if you want to check the backup data, you should restore the data firstly. Take an overview of the Restore process below: Click Restore and select the destination partition to save the backup data; click the Choose button to add the backup file; click the Start button; click Yes to agree on the format. After that, the backed up data will be restored to the target partition soon and you can open and check it if needed.

Tips: What if I do not want to compress the partition data into SSD/HDD

As you can see, if you use the backup feature to back up Windows 10/8/7 data partition to the SSD/HDD, it is impossible for you to view it for details directly. If you want to move the data partition data to another drive without compressing, you can use the Copy function of iSunshare CloneGo. The data copied to the target partition in HDD/SSD will be 100% identical to the partition you want to backup. Besides, you can easily reach the backup data.

Step 1: Launch iSunshare CloneGo and you can view the Copy interface directly.

Step 2: Select the source partition—the partition you want to back up; and the target partition –the partition from SSD/HDD you want to save the backup data.

Step 3: Click the Start button and the software will tell you that this operation will format the target partition. Hit Yes and the copy process will begin.

Step 4: After the cloning process comes to an end, you can close the software and directly open the target partition to check the backup data. It is much convenient for you to access the backup data. 

copy partition data to SSD or HDD for data backup





No comments:

Post a Comment